Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today's Guest Blogger - my Girlfriend Kelli

What’s the deal with Roger & why I owe a debt of gratitude to Kathi, April & Kristen

Well, I'm getting lots and lots of emails asking about Roger, so here you go:

Roger and I have been "internet friends" for quite some time now. I actually came across him accidently. I was surfing around and found his (MySpace) profile. Now, ordinarily, I probably would have skimmed the profile and moved on except for one thing.... he had a picture up of himself with a huge gash on his head.

Well, me being the nosy broad that I am, I sent him a friend request and all but demanded to know what on earth he did to himself. We became good friends, exchanging emails and comments.

One day Roger made what I'd consider a bold move, and he sent me an email with his phone number. Since you all know me fairly well, you know that I have a tendency to be super cautious and do not give out my number or call people unless I know I can trust them.

Having said that, I thanked Roger for the number, but didn't call him. I had boundaries and I was determined to make him understand and respect them. And he did. He asked me to meet him once or twice, but was completely respectful of my reservations about meeting people from the internet.

Well one day I desperately needed a friend to talk to and my sister Kathi and my best friend April were unavailable. Somehow, some way, Roger convinced me to call him so I could cry on his shoulder and I did. And from that point on, we became exceptional friends.

He helped me through a very tough time (I had just been thoroughly and completely shit on by an exboyfriend). We spent many hours talking and laughing on the phone and did so for quite a few months. A few things here and there happened, we had a bit of a spat at one point, but somehow we managed to make our way back to being good friends.

BUT... and this is the big BUT... we still hadn't met in person. Wierd circumstances, bad timing, jumbled nerves about meeting a stranger from the net and an argument kept Roger at arm's length until a few weeks ago.

Without going into explicit details, one of Roger's good friends said something that pissed me off -- enough so that I did something so completely out of character that I'm still amazed that I did it when I reflect back on it today... I told Roger to get his ass over to my apartment. I told him where I lived, told him how to get here and even told him what parking spot to use.

From that point on, we've spent the last few weeks getting to know one another on a different level. He's taken me out on a few dates and they've been so much fun.

Roger treats me like a princess and makes me feel like a beauty queen. He's a gentleman and he's so sweet. And that is why when he asked me to be his girlfriend, I said "yes".

So there you have it.... That's the deal with Roger... There's more to our story, but some things are private and just between he and I. And if you really and truly want to get to know him, send that boy an email or a friend request (MySpace). Your life will be so much better for knowing him and having him as a friend.


This is her. Can you believe those eyes?!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Congrats Roger! Cute story, though the first thing I thought of reading about "meeting a guy online" is Roger saying: "Oh hai, I'm from the internet".

Sorry, its a nerd thing, ask him to explain.

April 24, 2008 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She seems like a wonderful person Roger. Congrats!

Rob

April 25, 2008 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roger,
Looks like you have a "Keeper"
Kelli,
Congrats! You have found one of the few TRUE PEOPLE I know!
- Coz

April 25, 2008 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm a little late in catching up on the blogs... but I want to say again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kelli- you indeed have met the most amazing friend in the world. I cannot count the number of times that in the last 4+ years that I have known him, he has been willing and able to drop whatever he is doing to go make a friend feel better. He is gentle, patient, kind, stubborn (in the good way), smart, and gives the best hugs! You make my friend so very happy, and I want to thank you and welcome you into his life!

Andee

July 30, 2008 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home