Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Yeah, that's me - the Slacker!

Sorry faithful readers, if indeed there are any of you left, for not being the responsible blogger I should be. I will endeavor to try much harder to keep you updated on what I find blogworthy.

So -- IronMan and Speed Racer. My opinion? HOLY COW!!! Iron Man really is fantastic, and RDJ (as I fondly call him) is great as Tony Stark. This movie has great crossover appeal to everyone - even those not familiar with the comic. Speed Racer on the other hand, though a lot of fun, is really aimed at fanboys and girls - meaning that it pays the highest tribute to the cartoon in its style, editing, and plethora of "Speedisms". John Goodman is great as "Pops" and Charlie... err Jack... err Mathew Fox really does nail down Racer X. To me, it was a supremely better version of what Warren Beatty was trying to do with Dick Tracy.

OK, this having a girlfriend thing is really cool. Everyone should try it sometime.

I just closed back to back shows on Sunday. Damn I need a break! It is going to be very nice having my weekends back for a change.

More to come soon! I am having "inspiration" problems...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's now May 17th -- So much for blogging more often...
...and how can you be having "inspiration problems"? Dude, read a book, listen to the radio, watch a movie: love is the ultimate engine of inspiration. Are you not paying attention to your own life? You should have reams of sappy gooshy stuff to write about. We should be telling you to dial it back a little by now instead of asking why we aren't hearing any of it.
Write what you know.
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands.
Then write something.

May 17, 2008 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now it's May 23rd and you STILL haven't posted anything else.
I could've considered your previous posting gap to be a mistake. but you know better now. Now it's intentional.

May 23, 2008 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home