Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How long is long enough?

I have "officially" been seeing Kelli now since April 9, approaching two months. But when I talk about my feelings for her, the term "Love" rolls off the tongue, but I haven't expressed as much to my other friends. Why? I am pretty sure I would get the typical "but you just met, how can you possibly be in love" response. But that's not the case at all.

Kelli and I have been talking over the phone and using chat for close to a year, and started to become really close since October. I don't know of any other relationship I have ever had where I can talk to the person for 5 hours at a time without looking for some excuse to hang up.

So it's very simple: she's "the one" for me, and I am going to do my damn level best to make sure this is a lifetime kinda' deal, because I am not planning on letting her go.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Congratulations, Roger. I'm very happy for you.

And don't believe anyone who says something like "you can't know if you love her after X amount of time." Everyone experiences love and relationships differently. Sometimes, it may take months or even years to realize that you love someone; other times, it can happen right away. I knew that I loved my wife very soon after I met her, and we've been together and quite happy for 20 years. The only thing that matters is that *you* know how you feel, and that you make sure that she does.

However, can we now expect "relationship Roger" to be a once or twice-a-month blogger? I'm glad you're happy, but I miss my more frequent doses of Roger's thoughts. :-)

May 28, 2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger Roger C. said...

I have been shirking my blog responsibilities, and you aren't the first person to comment on it. I am going to be better... I will!

May 28, 2008 8:01 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

This is great news my man. And wonderfully written. Put a smile on my face this morning to read it. (I know it was a couple days old but I was in Texas and I got behind on my blog reading...)

June 01, 2008 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really hapy for you both. It is a rare thing in this world to find a love that is honest, true and long-lasting. And many people don't know it when they see it. Congratulations to you both!

June 27, 2008 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home