Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anyone who knows me...

knows I am very seldom at a loss for words. Well tonight it happened. First, I have to setup the back story --

I'm officially engaged! Kelli and I are getting married on October 10, 2009. I have never been more happy, and she truly is the one I was looking for my whole life. I know that sounds very "Hallmarky", but damn if it isn't the truth. I mean I have had other girlfriends (a rare few) and though I was fond of them I know now I was in no way in love.

Here's my favorite picture of my girl...


(thanks to Ken for his color correction advice - I wouldn't have noticed it and fixed it)

Along with this, I have gained a stepdaughter (to be) - an 11-year old girl name Josie. She has managed to captivate my heart almost as much as her mother.



So that's the back story - I am getting married and gaining a daughter and I couldn't be happier. So, back to where we came in --

Kelli was perusing Josie's MySpace profile this evening and came across this:

"My second hero is roger, my stepdad, and i wish he was my real biological dad. i love this man more then any other man on this planet. he's shown me what its like to be happy. he's the most amazing man in the world."

I was and am truly overwhelmed. I sat there reading that over and over again letting it sink in. I haven't been blessed with my own child as of yet, but tonight when I read this I believe I experienced at least a portion of what a father does when he looks at his child for the first time. I didn't know I had the capacity for that strong of an emotion and I am promising here, for everyone to see, that I will protect the hearts of these women who have deemed me worthy of their love.

So now I have to go find my Guy Card again. I must have left it in the laundry -- I hope it didn't go thru the washer!

6 Comments:

Blogger kenny r said...

ow. toothache.

and

"hey, thanks for fixing the color on my favorite photo" or use the orange one you said you like better anyway.

and

YES already, it's very nice, you are very lucky to be loved. Cool. Don't know what that has to do with your guy card tho. Please don't tell me you're planning your own offspring.

September 17, 2008 1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Roger, this is soooo wonderful! Of course I have yet to meet someone who doesn't like you, but I am so happy that these wonderful ladies can see too!


~Andee

September 17, 2008 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, wow Rog... what a wonderful blog. You're amazing and we both love you so much. I truly believe that everything I've done in my life has lead me to you... the love of my life.

And I just have to say thanks for the photo to both you and Kenny, for taking such a nice photo and for the color correcting advice... Not to sound dorky, but you both made me look (and feel) pretty...

September 17, 2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Mazal tov Roger!
I am truly happy for you.
-Nick

September 22, 2008 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! Let's all get together to celebrate!

September 24, 2008 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuzzy!!!!

1st of all, CONGRATS!!!! for all of the above... you deserve to be happy and it sounds like you have found a couple of good girls who make you so. I am very very happy for you.

2nd.. do NOT apologize. As a guy who grew up hard and learned to bury his emotions way too well, I know exactly of what you speak when it comes to a daughter. There is no shame or dings on your 'guy card' when it comes to a kid cracking open your chest. They have a special gift for doing that. It is one of the things about having a daughter.

Welcome to the club...

October 29, 2008 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home